Wayne Adam

Wayne Adam
Writer/Poet/Author

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Litha 2012

Hail the Summer Solstice (Litha)! Under the branches of the Hazel we give gratitude to Mother Earth and all she provides for our existence. We honor love, compassion, fertility, abundance, protection and power of the sun on this holiday to invoke good fortune, good health and harvest for the rest of the year.
Like on the eve, bonfires to strenghten the sun and celebrations set the tone for a glorious day.

Litha is one of my favorite holidays. Embracing Mother Earth, waking up to sunrise, listing to the birds morning homage, the messages of the wind and the chatter of the trees.
My fire is set, my herbs are collected, and my spirit is one with nature. I will bask in the glow of the sun and pay homage to  Mother Earth for all that she provides me.

Wishing you a happy Litha.

No comments:

Post a Comment