Wayne Adam

Wayne Adam
Writer/Poet/Author

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Hail the Medieval Fest!

Huzzar! Huzzar! Good times at the Sarasota Medieval Fest (Nov.7-Nov. 23). Food, drink, bands, and entertainment--mini shows, the Wheel of Death and my favorite, Human Combat Chess.

A smaller Fest in terms of vendors, but the quality of the trinkets are good to make any Ren goer happy. I myself purchased a pendant, incense and a tree incense holder. The food was also excellent from the turkey legs to the grilled corn on the cob.

The setting is still held in a wooded area complete with dirt paths and the usual feel of any other Ren Fest. The day I went, it had rained the night before so the day was overcast and the paths were partly wet, just another enhancement of a trip to a more ancient time.

So this weekend I will travel back to the Fest. The weather will be sunny and hot (80's) according to the weather foretellers, and I will visit some of the vendors that I missed the last time, drink some more beer and mead along with some tasty food. Maybe I'll will watch another game of Human Combat Chess or just sit and take in the forest setting, the smell of the numerous foods and sounds of the bands.

If  I could read my poem, "Invitation to the Faire" to the royal court--now that would really rock!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment